AUSFIT Torsion Bars understands the importance of protecting your personal information. AUSFIT Torsion Bars has been subjected to the National Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and its amendments since May 2013.
AUSFIT Torsion Bars understands the paramount importance of personal information and is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information and security issues.
The expression ’personal information’ is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Collection and use of personal information
The type of personal information that AUSFIT Torsion Bars collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. For example we will collect personal information from you if you:
- join AUSFIT Torsion Bars as a member
- subscribe to newsletters
- register for an event
If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, AUSFIT Torsion Bars may not be able to provide you with the services you require. Personal information collected will be held securely and only disclosed to persons under a duty of care/need to know basis.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- provide the services you have requested
- administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- research and development AUSFIT Torsion Bars service offerings
- maintain registration and membership records
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs to provide you with a better service
- to understand your medical history to ensure you are safe to partake in services provided by AUSFIT Torsion Bars
- provide access to information about current and future services and benefits offerings
- conduct research and surveys to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of members
Disclosure of Information
AUSFIT Torsion Bars will never disclose you personal information to a third party.
AUSFIT Torsion Bars takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your information
AUSFIT Torsion Bars takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Personnel acting on behalf of AUSFIT Torsion Bars are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.
Access to personal information
Individuals will be able to access their personal information by contacting the AUSFIT Torsion Bars either by phone or email.
Individuals have the right to request access to your personal information held by AUSFITTorsion Bars. You also have the right to request the correction of any information that relates to you and is inaccurate. If you would like access, please make your request in writing for security reasons to AUSFIT Torsion Bars.
Resolving your concerns
If an individual wishes to gain access to their personal information, have a complaint about a breach of their privacy or they have any questions on how their personal information is handled, please address issues to:
AUSFIT Torsion Bars will respond to your request within 7 days.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au